This 2 1/2 to 3 hour introduction to sports injury prevention and management, and what’s in a first aid kit, is a perfect course for junior teams where some basic first aid knowledge is needed. There are no prerequisites and the modules can be credited towards the Level 1 Sports Trainer course.
We are flexible with the topics presented and can provide training at your venue or ours.
Topics covered can include:
- How to prevent Sporting Injuries
- How to approach the injured Athlete
- Management of Specific Injuries
- Wound Management
- Hot Weather Guidelines
- The Blood Rule
- Basic Transport for the Injured Athlete
- What is in a First Aid Kit and How to use it
These topics can be presented all together in one workshop or in separate modules to suit the needs of your club, school or organisation.
For further information please contact the SMA-SA Office